The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I want to thank you

sunrise:  7:12          blog time remaining:  1 sunrise



Tomorrow I'll wrap up my thoughts about a year of sunrise. Today I want to express my appreciation. To all of you who have followed along through this year, or part of it, I want to say thank you. This electronic system of communication and connections has its pitfalls, but the benefits are great as well. The reinforcement of hearing back from people all over the country and the globe is enormously encouraging. It truly kept me going during a few times when I felt hard-pressed to do so.



I wish to everyone a sunrise inspiration, now and again. Please link to the sunrise blogger, where I will carry on with occasional visits to the dawn and the blogosphere.

****I also invite sunrise submissions. ****

I hope to collect dawn photos and reflections from as many locations around the world as possible.  This new blog, I hope, will be more of a group exercise than a solo one.  Join me.



******************

My dear husband had been up for 36 hours straight yesterday evening when he finally got home from work, ate dinner, and sat on the couch with a magazine.  He had told N and boyfriend M that he would play one of our new games with them before he went to bed, since they are leaving today.  His is an indomitable spirit, and he doesn't like to disappoint.

"I'll play, but it needs to be immediately or I'll fall asleep," he said.

About 60 seconds later we were all in the room, and J was completely out, unrousable on the couch.



Perhaps more than anyone, my hard working husband has been my undying supporter through this year of sunrise expeditions and morning writing sessions.  I think he will celebrate the disappearance of daily dawn alarms even more than I will, but he is, was, and will remain my favorite editor, cheerleader, and general provider of inspiration.



And...sorry about the barking dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment