The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Saturday, December 4, 2010

beauty receptors - new blog

sunrise:  6:56          blog time remaining:  27 days




Another monochromatic, drizzly day that surprised me with stirring loveliness.  Is it just me, or is there really something special about the light and the layout of this day?  The brightness of the sumac, sparkling raindrops, multi-hued grasses, geometric tree designs, the sound of a little rushing creek in our back field, the soft squish of mud under my boots...it all delighted my senses this morning.

It seems like there must be something on the inside of a person that turns on the beauty receptors, or turns them off.  I can't think of any reason why I should be particularly joyful today, but this rainy walk made me happy.  Some days that look like this just strike me as drab, dreary, and depressing.  Maybe that's only when I look at them from indoors.



Phenomena like this one are among the many reasons why I have been anticipating the end of this blog year with some angst.  I don't want to let go of these mornings or the many benefits they have offered.  On the other hand, I CAN'T WAIT TO SLEEP IN!!





Some of you may have already noticed that I made a change yesterday and have prepared to carry on with my sunrise outings in a new blog after Dec. 31st.  It will continue to be based on communions with sunrise - just not every day.  It's called the sunrise blogger.  In creating it, I learned that blogspot.com only gives you one "about me" profile for all of your blogs, so you'll see there that the "about me" is changed on this blog as well.

The year of getting up to meet the day will be over, and must end.  However, I would love to have my regular readers move on with me to the sunrise blogger.  I'd even love to have them make sunrise contributions of their own.  Check it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment