The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

high on mountains and margaritas

sunrise: 7:22            blog time remaining:  10 sunrises





It's hard to believe that this snow laden wonderland is only 70 miles away from downtown Denver, where we were in shirtsleeves at 50 degrees yesterday.  Colorado's juxtaposition of plains to mountains is quite dramatic that way, not to mention going from bare ground to 3 feet of snow.





I was puffing and panting in the thin air this morning as I climbed a hill to find a view.  We are at 9000 feet above sea level.  It will be interesting to see how we all do on the ski hill today.  Admittedly, some of my fatigue may have to do with the two pitchers of margarita's that we all shared last night.  (Only one of our family is now under drinking age - a strange new development)  I'm almost as unaccustomed to drinking margaritas as I am to 9000 feet.






No comments:

Post a Comment