The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

clouds and days, streaking past

sunrise:  7:05          blog time remaining:  17 days



It's very strange to walk around the fields right now.  It feels as though we've gone back in time; the seasons are retreating.  It's more like November or early spring out there, with the matted ground and drippy, bare branches.

No rain as I was walking today, but there are some mightily threatening clouds brewing in the distance.



The wind has been fierce.  It seemed quieter this morning until I tried to take pictures of the clouds.  It's only quieter here on the ground.  Up high the wind is flinging them across each other in streaks.  By the time I get my camera out of my pocket, the scene has changed.

This is a crazy time of year.  I fight to avoid the craziness, but there are so many lovely things I'd LIKE to do for people for the holidays, and so many things I'd like to attend and people I'd like to see.  It's hard to resist adding more to the to-do list, that still has the usual car repairs and doctor appointments and bills to pay. 

Suddenly the days come at you as fast as those clouds, and *POOF!*  They have gone by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment