The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Saturday, December 11, 2010

a stay on the path day

sunrise:  7:03          blog time remaining:  20 days

Only two early rising Saturdays to go! 



A friend of mine said something to me the other day that made me realize something.  The sun is rising so late now, she was saying, "so I guess your challenge is over."  She was assuming that I would be up at 7 anyway.  It is a logical thought, seeing as how I was up before 5am for 6 weeks and up before 6am for 4 months last summer.

Evidently, one's biorhythms, or natural sleep patterns, don't change that easily.  I think I can safely say that even after this year, I am not an early riser by instinct.  There have been plenty of days when I awake ready to get up and go, but for the most part, my body wants to sleep beyond the sunrise.  So many people get up at 5am all the time, or even earlier.  I am quite sure that I will never be one of those except under duress or a finite challenge.

Maybe you can tell I was feeling groggy today.  Some days I am inspired to go out and explore.  Other days, I just want to stay in the well beaten path.  That's life.



**************

My newspaper column has appeared for three Fridays now.  It is so fun to see it in there, and to have a steady and more visible writing job.  I still feel that I am searching for a voice for these stories that hasn't entirely emerged.  That will be a continuing challenge, and one that will be gratifying to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment