The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

open up, look around, see farther

sunrise:  6:52          blog time remaining:  30 sunrises



December came in like a lamb.  The air is gentle this morning, and the skies awash with a subtle, watercolor beauty.





I have sung the praises of trees in these posts many times before.  I can't help myself, especially this time of year.  I welcome their naked frames back for the winter season.  Unclothed, they are exquisite, and allow us a broader and more far-reaching prospect on the world.  So much more is revealed to our seeking eyes with the retreat of foliage and summer growth.










This darkening time of year could be seen as a time to burrow down into our shelters like hibernating animals.  The exterior world seems to encourage the opposite - open up, look around, see farther. 


No comments:

Post a Comment