The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve sunrise

sunrise:  7:11          blog time remaining:  7 sunrises




I love the little sting of cold air on my cheeks in my snowy back yard.  I never felt it in Colorado, maybe only because of their unusually mild December, but it could also be because the air is so much drier out there.  Anyway, it's nice to be home.





It was a midnight homecoming filled with irrepressibly excited dogs.  My 6:30 alarm challenged my resolve, with a part of me still on mountain time at 4:30.  I can do, I can do it!  One eye open... close.  Other eye open...close.   Finally a crow called out to me to wake up and get out there, so I did.

moon, dogs, and morning light

snow lined tree lace spilling into the moon

As an early Christmas present to myself, I walked around the kids' bedrooms to peek at them all sleeping.  Everyone home, all their beds filled - one, two, three, four...five?  Yes!  I have a bonus child this morning in A's spare bed.  The covers were pulled up too high to see the face, so I'll have to solve the mystery later.  No matter - a merry Christmas Eve to all, and all are welcome.




I loved the sky and air and both eastern and western vistas today.  Next year, when I begin posting in my new blog (the sunrise blogger), I think I will try and choose days when the full-to-waning moon is setting during the dawn hour.  It is my favorite.  What an exquisite morning - so worth getting up.



 frozen pond, moon, and morning light



No comments:

Post a Comment