The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Thursday, March 18, 2010

early signs of spring

sunrise:  6:42

I could tell as soon as I walked out my bedroom door this morning that skunk season had begun.  Had to check around outside before I let the dogs come out with me.  This is much better than another not uncommon scenario where we let the dogs out and realize a few seconds later that there is a skunk in the area.

We've done tomato juice baths, white vinegar and water baths, and now I use "SkunkKleen," or some such thing.  But I follow almost all with a Head and Shoulders shampoo.  The result is that the smell of Head and Shoulders inevitably makes me think of skunks and dogs.

More signs of spring:  two mallard couples on the pond today - or maybe one male with three females.  They flew away again too fast when Clara discovered their presence.  One female put up a storm of quacking protest until I left the scene entirely.

And I am starting to walk through spider lines here and there around the trees and between fence posts.

The temperature was over 40 before I went out today.  Warmest day yet by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment