The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Core check-in

sunrise 5:59

In the small triumph department:  last week I did one sit-up at exercise class without ankle weights holding my legs down -- but then I lost touch with my core again and had to put the weights on.

Two classes a week is just barely enough, but all I feel I can do.  By the time the 4-5 day hiatus goes by, sometimes my back and joints feel like they're creeping back into twisted habits.

It's a long process, this getting in touch with one's body - this seeking of a consistent mind-body connection.  I am still a babe in the woods, but beginning to learn.

The mental core is definitely still on its roller coaster, but the writing job is becoming a steady thing, and gives me a nice framework for meaningful employment, without taking over too much of the rest of my life.  Another long process.  Lifetime process.

Rachel Field and her life story -- barely happening.  She is in my mind a lot, and I haven't lost conviction.  But I can't seem to make writing her book a priority.

This blog is my favorite writing.  Although there is a brief thrill of excitement when I get a spike in readership - usually due to my cousin citing me on his  TigerHawk blog  - I am happier with my steady readership of a few.

The hundreds of hits on my naked parties post didn't impress with their thoughtful interest.

3 comments:

  1. Thought about how pretty the pre-sunrise was this morning compared to the actual sunrise. You caught the best part, I think.

    Have a great day. Just a few more days until you get a little reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes - this morning's was a fleeting pink...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top one of the sunrise. I am usually walking a little later, and by water, so I don't get those heavenly branches silhouetted as you do.

    ReplyDelete