The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

humility

sunrise: 7:13

a hopeful sign this morning. For the first day there was the faintest break in cloud cover on the furthest eastern horizon. I still haven't seen the sun in 2010, but it was an improvement.

Yesterday's load of wet snow crusted over with ice made for challenging skiing. Fortunately I left my camera behind today. It might have taken a hit one of the times that I collapsed in ungraceful and weirdly angular positions. Getting back to my feet felt a bit like the first, futile attempt of a newborn colt to stand. If you ever feel your ego is getting overlarge, just go out for a trek on cross-country skis on deep, ice-crusted snow. Sure fire cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment