The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

get up and yawn

sunrise:  7:07

There are some days when I get up in the morning full of energy and opitmism, and it's hard to even sit still for long before I dive into things.  Today wasn't one of those. 

Even on good days the dogs put me to shame with their get up and go.  Isn't it kind of annoying when it takes us 20-30 minutes to get up, do our %#* stretches because of our %$# back, get dressed, find clean socks, lace into boots, don extra layers, coat, hat, gloves -- go outside, loosen snowshoes, put on snowshoes, tighten snowshoes... and meanwhile the dogs wake up, stretch for 10 seconds and bounce out the door?

Well - T. is playing "Good Day Sunshine" on the piano, which is probably my cue to stop grumping and meet the day --

2 comments:

  1. It must be something in the air or biorhythms or some such, because I am full of the same thing today... blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because you're only ONE MONTH AWAY FROM BEING 50, OLD MAN!

    Also, so true about the dogs...

    ReplyDelete