The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

this earthly world

sunrise:  6:34


 The cloud cover was deep this morning.  It did not appear to be anywhere near dawn when my cell phone alarm nudged me to get up and meet the day.



 Still, I love the rain soaked bracken.  Berry-laden branches appear to be strung with Christmas lights.  Very beautiful.

Even if I don't get up to see dawn every day after this year has passed, I believe I will continue walking out back regularly, rain or shine.  Being in touch with that little earthly world has done me loads of good.  It's nice to be reminded that just because the weather's bad does not mean we are stuck indoors - it is really where we belong.  We need to put our bodies out there more often, to keep track of ourselves and our essence.







No comments:

Post a Comment