The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Friday, November 19, 2010

perfect november morning

sunrise:  6:38






This felt to me like the quintessential November morning - light frost, clear skies, an invigorating pinch of cold air on the cheeks, the subtle crunch of grass under my boots, and views opened up in all directions through the newly shorn woods. 

Morning air like this opens the eyes and the mind and the heart to possibilities.

When I came back inside I was engulfed in the aroma of a pot of 13 bean soup over which I was despairing last night.  They soaked for 16 hours and simmered in the crock pot for 10, but were still hard and dry at dinner time last night.  We had pizza.  So we left them to keep cooking all night.  They are almost soft this morning, but I'll leave them in for the rest of the day.  That should do it.  Stubborn beans.

Still, they make for a delicious warm welcoming in the air.  That adds even more to the atmosphere of a perfect November day.





No comments:

Post a Comment