The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Friday, November 12, 2010

in the woods, out of the woods

sunrise:  6:28


The dogs and I were treated to some good company this morning.  As is true for so many things, when the approach of someone you love is lit by a rising sun, it is given an added boost of intensity.  J and I are both going through a lot of self-searching and reassessing of ourselves and our lives this year.  That means some stretches of quiet, or melancholy, or restlessness, or listlessness.  The shared experience has, happily, brought us even closer - not that there hasn't been a lot of work involved as well.  There is always a lot of work involved in anything worthwhile.







The clarity of the last two days seems to have offered me some clarity of thought, and I have had a burst of writing and generation of ideas.  I guess we all just go into the woods now and then where our minds and souls have to hibernate for a while.  Makes coming out of the woods feel so good, every time.



That was a strange exercise of playing with a metaphor.

Isn't it funny that they say "She's out of the woods" when someone is no longer in grave danger?  It seems to me that being "in the woods" sounds rather pleasant.  You never hear of anyone in a crisis being "in the woods," but next time I'm in big trouble, I'll try to remember that.  I'm just in the woods.  That's not so bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment