The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Thursday, April 15, 2010

tax day outlooks


sunrise:  5:51


My earliest sunrise so far.  We got to 5:52am in March the day before daylight savings time started, then we went ahead an hour.  As of today we have made up that hour.  Now it gets serious all the way to the 4:49am string of dawns around summer solstice.

For some reason it hasn't been hard for me to get up lately.  I certainly need the alarm, but it's not the same torture that it has been at times to get my eyes open and get out of bed.  One nice thing, perhaps, is that I'm actually looking forward to what I have in store most days.  I love checking on my writing projects, making new contacts for the examiner.com work.  I even touched bases with Rachel Field yesterday and fell in love with her poetry for the hundredth time.

And - I have two articles submitted to magazines, awaiting response.  It's always hard, somehow, to send things out there for official judgment.  But I've decided that one of the obstacles to forward progress in my writing career is that my rejection pile needs to get a lot deeper before I can succeed.

It's tax due day - and this has been the least painful year for me yet.  I usually go through a period of glazed eyes, sweaty palms and heart palpitations.  Paperwork and meticulous financial organization is probably at the bottom of the cellar hole in my figurative house of things-that-must-be-done.


 J and I have had numerous years when we found ourselves in line at the post office at 11:30 pm on April 15th, where they were serving coffee for people like us.  There was even a year when I brought all our paperwork to H and R Block in early April, and never thought about it again until September or October.  Oops.  I had a 2 year old and newborn twins at the time.  There were other things on my mind.   Those days are no more!  Thank goodness for a trustworthy and kind tax preparer.




*********

It kept getting lovelier today.  The clouds were telling hieroglyphic tales
 in the sky, J joined me out back.  It was hard to come inside.




 


 

 



 


 


1 comment:

  1. Your pictures just get better and better! I love seeing the changing light over the same landscape. The landscape is different each time as a result. I find this so where I walk also, tho my family all groan--not more beach photos, Mom! Sweet picture of J and the dogs. Enjoy the college trip with your daughter. I am up north pausing getting the gardens ready because of several inches of snow!

    ReplyDelete