The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

time to re-charge the batteries

sunrise:  5:26

This morning I came the closest yet to missing the sunrise.  Shut off my second cell phone alarm and drifted off...woke up just before dawn by fortunate habit.  I skipped my stretch and strengthen routine and stumbled out the door. 

We've had muggy, hot nights following busy days filled with household catch up and family, late-night conversations and plans and spontaneous bowling.  It may be a sweet weariness, but I am weary. 

A sign of blue sky and sun is back today -- hopeful promise of a nice weekend ahead.  The dogs and I enjoyed a nearly photo free walk around the damp fields.  Hazy, heavy, but as uplifting as ever to stand in the midst of the expansion of light. 

After snapping a couple of photos of pre-dawn my camera shut down.  I'll take that as a hint and go back to bed today.



Time to re-charge my batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment