The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthdy presents

sunrise:  5:54



I appreciate the first gift of today.  Pre-dawn, the moon, and sunrise all offered stirring displays for the heart of one new 50 year old.




Even Clara seemed to have trouble taking her eyes off the eastern sky.





Peaceful home, slumbering family, beauty, companionship, a well functioning body to walk in the glow, a healthy mind to ponder its significance, and the freedom to go back to bed if I so choose.  Not a bad list of birthday gifts to lead me on into the day, and into my next half-century.







Of course I should also mention that gift of life.  Sometimes we forget about that one.



There have been times that I wondered along the way if I would even live this long.  Here I stand, with so much life behind me that it almost seems like overindulgence to imagine so much more life ahead.



But here I am -- I am certainly not going to turn it down, whatever is coming next.



Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment