The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Friday, August 27, 2010

mooning about the house

sunrise:  5:52



A touch of a summer cold, too much time absorbed in a book, not enough exercise, and a nagging feeling of limbo had me pacing the floors in restlessness last night.  I keep thinking it's really no big deal, that it's not affecting me that much, the fact that T is leaving for school on Monday.



But the reality is that I'm not entirely engaged in life right now.  I'm waiting.  I'm killing time until my nest reaches that long anticipated state of emptiness, so I can start a new kind of existence.  Just a few more days.  It's too easy to put everything off until I can give it my full attention.  So I wait, and futz around, trying to act busy with one thing or another.



Of course, part of it is just rubbing off from T herself.  Saying goodbye to her best friend who left for college the other day made it all seem suddenly real to her - and at the same time, unreal.  She is filled with excited anticipation, can't wait to get started.  But...there is that leaving everything else behind part, and that facing the unknown part.  Both linger in the shadows, making it hard to clear the mind or sleep deeply.



She hasn't really started packing.  We're both hovering.



Last night we sat up at the kitchen table talking about all kinds of things.  Then she wanted to talk more, so I lingered in her bedroom until very late.  Lots going on in that growing mind, and I might as well take advantage of its physical presence for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment