The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

orange juice with pulp

sunrise:  5:59



I suppose that the term "horseplay" evolved in the day when everyone had horses around for transportation and labor.  I don't know about horses, but I know dogplay.  Guster and Clara were feeling feisty during the cooler relief of morning.



Today I will drive with N to the Adirondacks for a few days before I drop her off at school in Vermont.  Happily, we're staying north where it is only hot as hell.  Down in the northeastern cities it is almost unbearable. Can't wait for the weather to break this weekend.






It's a good thing that I'm going back on the road today.  I am ridiculous.
Yesterday I went to the grocery store.  My darling T has a few particular tastes in food that she drilled into me over the years.  No pulp in the orange juice, no seeds in the bread.  J and I both like high pulp juice and heavily seeded bread, so I put them into my cart. 

Suddenly there were tears in my eyes.  But I pulled it together.  I wouldn't want to make a scene in public, especially when my only explanation would be:  "I BOUGHT ORANGE JUICE WITH PULP!"


************



If only my camera could reproduce the vivid red of this sunball.  It is the third sunrise in a row with a perfect, bright crimson orb that rises in quiet grandeur - two over the sea, one over my back field.  Must have something to do with the heat and humidity?



1 comment:

  1. Mommy! I love this entry-- maybe college will turn me into a pulp-drinking, seed-eating lady. (Love the pictures of the dogs too)

    ReplyDelete