The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Sunday, June 13, 2010

graduation day dawn

sunrise:  4:49

Looks like a weather breeder today. 

Ominous warnings hit me this morning in a cluster.  There are some nesting blackbirds near the pond that set off the usual alarm when I walked by.  One always threatens to dive bomb my head, but hasn't yet found the courage.  On top of that, there was an extra loud barrage of trumpeting from the bullfrogs as I passed.  As we entered the more open meadow, a long, slow, distant rumble of thunder curled across the sky. 

Perhaps a dramatic thunderstorm would be an appropriate expression of the cathartic transformations that are taking place on this graduation day.  But I'd rather leave symbolism behind and see the weather hold back. 

***********

Lovely gathering of close friends and family last night.  Some very thoughtful gifts and tributes, including a prize inspiration from our very dear neighbors who gave T a director's chair.  T has, in fact, talked to me about a fantasy image of her future self in a director's chair, working in film.  Our neighbors never heard that tale, but they have watched our youngest daughter progress through her high school career and various activities, and have clearly read her well. 

I contest Robert Frost's poem.  Good neighbors can come even without good fences.  Lucky for us.

***********

Two new porcupines spotted in the same old tree yesterday, so the dogs were leashed again.  Two traps laid - one successful.


***********

I'm feeling so grateful to have my parents here. 

***********

Well.  Today's the day.  Here we go.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck...I hope the cathartic storm holds off until the festivities are over.

    ReplyDelete