The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday skunking

sunrise:  4:59

Sunday morning.  Since I just finished mowing all of the trails out back yesterday (I love to mow, especially on our shiny new ride-on that we bought last fall), I thought I might wax philosophic about choosing one's path. 


Unfortunately, on my way back to the house the dogs encountered a skunk under an apple tree.  All three of them.  It is comical, from a distance, to watch them react.  Shaking heads, foaming mouths.  Kate did a move I'd never seen before - running along low to the ground like a vacuum cleaner with the side of her face pressed into the grass.  When that didn't work she went into the pond. 

They sit locked in the barn and await me and my bottle of SkunkKleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment