The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday musings


sunrise:  7:04   temp. 1 degree F. 

 My mind was wandering before I got out of bed this morning.  Why didn't I say I'd see sunrise every day for a year except Saturdays?  was one thought pummeling my brain.  Then it occurred to me that I might take a vacation to Iceland next month.  I could sleep until almost 10:00am and still be out for sunrise.  Then I was holding my eye open, and started thinking about how awful it would be to have your eyelids removed...  at that point I decided I'd better get out of bed.

My camera sent me some messages to ponder today: "BATTERY EXHAUSTED" it said.  Then, "OUT OF MEMORY"  Is it trying to tell me something?

I can definitely relate to the exhausted part, but once I was outside it was hard not to wake up, especially since I couldn't find my underlayer today and my legs started to go numb.

Here is the last gasp of my camera before it became exhausted - fog over the Penobscot, and the tiniest glimmer of the sun about to peek over the trees:


I think my memory is still okay, however.  To be out of memory would be a particularly torturous affliction to me.  I suppose it is the treasure of many writers. Memory and imagination.  Those are the things that offer perspective, allow us to learn and adjust and evolve over time.  And then pass it on in some form.  Two things to be thankful for today.

I can still feel negativity creeping up on me, so here is today's "looking on the bright side of menopause" tip:
  • If you're having trouble getting up in the morning, a well timed hot flash can facilitate one's arising.

No comments:

Post a Comment