The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

cloud art, new school year

sunrise:  6:05



Today's morning sky presented some crazy cloud formations in constant transformation.  It was one of those skies that gives you a crick in the neck - you can't stop looking up.



Sometimes I see things in the very real world that remind me of surrealistic art.  Perhaps the human imagination isn't as original as we often think.  Every idea is already out there, served up by mother nature.



*****

Very strange to know that the first day of school in our district came and went without my noticing.  Somehow, though, that part doesn't bother me too much.  It's more personal, the longing that flits around the edges of my mind.  Four small people journeyed through childhood, bumped and jostled and thrilled and delighted, and I got to watch their daily adventures from the front row.  Now they have moved on, which is exactly as it should be.



For now, I am trying to tuck those thoughts away and stay in the present.  Sometimes it's better to avoid thinking too much, just for a while.



Life will continue to be full in new ways.  Time to open up all those storage closets that held my life before children and see what still fits. 



Perhaps there are no kids going back to school in this house, but J and I are beginning a new year of education.  Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment