The Year is Complete!

Please feel free to look back through the 365 days of 2010 sunrises, but "a year of getting up to meet the day" is officially completed. There will be no more new posts.

PLEASE JOIN ME FOR MORE SUNRISE POSTS AT THE SUNRISE BLOGGER, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SUNRISE PHOTOS AND REFLECTIONS FROM ME AND FROM CONTRIBUTORS AROUND THE GLOBE.


Thank you so much for visiting.
A one year blog project in which I share a process of transitions: emptying of the nest, reacquainting with my rusty intellect, plowing onward with my first full length book, entering the second half of my first century, and generally reflecting on life.

(see Dec. 29th, 2009 entry for further explanation)

Monday, July 26, 2010

homecoming

sunrise: 5:15

Last night as T and I drove up I-95 through Maine we watched the sunset to the west and the full moon rise to the east.  I had one last glimpse of the bright orb through the trees as it was setting this morning.

I picked up my youngest daughter at a bus station along my homeward route, following a fun and food filled weekend at her sisters' summer apartment in New Haven, CT.  She is happy to be getting home and back to work, which is gratifying.  I, too, find myself with a smile on my face even as I sit here at my familiar desk with my fingers feeling happily at home on a full-sized keyboard.



All of the nearly 12 hour way home, in fact, the world was a wonderful place.  What was filling my insides with that tumble of excited joy? 



I have spent a lot of time recently in a sea of children aged 6 to 13 (a lake of them, more appropriately), and it was lovely.  But...I love where my own children are now, how their lives are blooming and sending out new green tendrils into the world.  And my life enjoying them from a bit of distance is still enormously fulfilling, and allows me some more room now to send out some tendrils of my own.  We are all still full of promise and anticipation. 





Speaking of tendrils...the fields are overgrown, the goldenrods are frothing, the lawn is a bit of a jungle.  A small mountain range of mail awaits, the to-do list is expanding on its own.  Still and all - how nice that it feels so nice to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment